To stay up-to-date with DCTransistor products and offers, follow us on Instagram
Pay What You Can Pricing
All DCTransistor Boards are currently pay-what-you-can so that everyone who wants a board can get one, with a range of $60-$250. I’ve set a recommended price of $80 which I believe fairly covers my costs, keeps the boards accessibly priced, and lets me give back to the community.
All purchases above $150 will go directly to a DC-based mutual aid or other community organization.
In the spirit of providing a transparent, open source, community-minded project, here’s where your money goes for a $80 board:
- $20.38 to make and ship board from manufacturer
- $0.36 for individual board packaging
- $2.83* for payment processing
- $19.48* for state and local taxes
- $7.23 for upfront, R&D, and misc. expenses
After covering costs, I’m left with $29.71 from an $80 order. Of that money:
- $2.40* (3% of all sales) goes back to the open source community projects powering DCTransistor
- $13.6* (17% of all sales) goes to DC mutual aid and other community organizations doing important on-the-ground work in the area
- $13.72* (remainder) goes to me for personal use
*Price is relative to the order amount paid. Number provided is based on an $80 order.
Instead of having the board shipped, you can also arrange to pick it up from me in the DC area if we’re already going to be in the same place at the same time. Basically, this is limited to 1) my friends and Columbia Heights neighbors, 2) other people regularly on the Georgetown Law Center Campus, 3) work colleagues, and 4) people at a meetup for an area group I would otherwise be attending (if this applies, I’ve posted about it in that group). Please read the terms and conditions before selecting this option.
You must email email@example.com to arrange a pickup before selecting the option during checkout
Bidirectional Boards Likely in Summer-Fall 2023
I know having a board with bi-directional trains would be fantastic, and I’m planning on making one. However, I probably won’t have one ready to sell until the Summer (at the earliest), and its recommended price will probably run around $100 due to higher materials costs. If you want to receive Bidirectional Board Updates, complete this Google Form.